Giving KASH @ Work
Our Giving KASH program philosophy has emerged from the Urban Battles Tutoring/Mentoring program started in 2002. Since then we have been working with kids from low-income and dysfunctional families with language barriers. The program has changed the lives of our participants and graduates in the following ways:
- Two have gone to college.
- Three have entered the workforce and continue to be employed.
- Most improve grades (despite language barrier) from D’s & F’s to B’s & C’s
- Graduates giving back to program and help work with and serve the younger participants.
- The program had become an ongoing safe haven for kids to do and get help with homework.
The proven success combined with ongoing development has positioned our Giving KASH Program to compliment and adapt to other programs and academic initiatives.